Changzhi - Eshanxi
Shuri Kannondo Temple in Liangjiazhuang Village
Time: 03 06,2020      Source: wlt.shanxi.gov.cn

Shuri Kannondo Temple is an artistic treasure house full of crisscross eaves, colorful and magnificent hanging statues. It was built in 1582 (the tenth year of Wanli of Ming Dynasty) and it has been protected well up till now. It covers an area of 5,722 square meter and the floor area is 350 square meter. The temple faces the west and there are ancient cypress trees within. The hall is exquisite. The current architecture includes the three columns in Heaven King Hall (hanging Hill – style), the north and south side hall, Shuri Kannondo Temple, Bell Drum Towers and etc, among which the earliest is the main hall built in the tenth year of Wanli in Ming Dynasty. In the east is Shuri Kannondo Temple and in the front part of the hall is the eave and round ridge wing-room. The flower columns are curved with four-leaves hanging lotus and six inclined window lattice pattern. The hall is full of statues, some of which are located on the altar and some are hang in the mid-air. Avalokitesvara, Manjushri and Samantabhadra statues are located in the center and the precious and flower cover is exquisite. It is surrounded by eighteen Arhats and twenty-four Heavens are by two sides, each of which with different facial expressions. All of them are very vivid. Twelve round sleep bodhisattvas are above and they are on the top of Kirin, lion and elephants and other animals respectively. In the front are the Four Heavenly Kings, Vajra dharma, Sakka and providers, the number of which totals over 700. All of them look different and are very vivid. 


0



Changzhi - Eshanxi